Thursday, October 06, 2011

Sacred Ibis Sunrise

I woke up early. It was a trick of the bowel, but I was awake. Just over the building on front of where we live I could see the silver lining of what looked to be a spectacular sunrise. I thought of running out of the door to make a photograph but that little voice said 'You will miss it.' 


So I picked up my bag and ran out the door. Quietly of course, careful not to wake my beautiful pregnant wife. I was driving when I saw the moment which would have made a great photograph. Henri Cartier-Bresson and the decisive moment crossed my mind, but since I was up...


I was just about to pack it in when this flock of sacred ibis appeared. And vanished into the morning just as quickly. I managed to squeeze 3 frames and it was over. A great way to start the day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Stunning pic Rogan! You would never say that was in the middle of a city... Well done for getting up early then. Jackie