Monday, March 28, 2011

Fire Walkers




When I started out in photography I used to think very hard about my assignments. I used to look at photographs of similar subjects and prepare mentally for a preconceived idea.

I soon learnt that this just does not work in the real world. I have learnt (and am still learning) that one needs to be flexible and prepared. Be prepared for anything to happen and adapt, a little bit like everything else in life.

I went to this particular event for the fire walking but found that the preparation was far more interesting visually. As the editor said of a picture of a man walking on coals: 'Do you have one with sparks flying or coals burning?'

3 comments:

Roline said...

Awesome, inspiring and dynamic photographs!

Anonymous said...

Hey Rogan! Long time no see! I'm loving your photo's, I wish I could get shots like yours.

Anthea

Rogan Ward said...

Thanks for the comments. If you are keen to buy prints you can order at http://lucyloveandtherogue.someammo.com/ if you are ordering in South Africa or http://www.etsy.com/shop/roganward if you are anywhere else in the world