Saturday, April 07, 2007

Splashy Fen


I was a little apprehensive on my way up to Splashy Fen. I had not been to the music festival held in the Drakensberg mountains since 1999. The tent was packed, the tins of curried vegetables rattled behind my seat on the dusty roads and the prediction of rain heavy on my mind.

I have had so much fun. All of the excuses I have made for being out of touch with music seemed silly! The music on the whole has been amazing and varied. Last night Cape Town band Bed on Bricks fronted by Mike Hardy (pictured above) cooked. I am sad to say having lived in Cape Town until recently, this was the first time I have seen the band.

It has been great to get back to my other passion which is music and make photographs in the same instance. And next year I'll be back.

1 comment:

sploosh said...

Is this Mike as in "Mike and the Mechanics". He's had a few face lifts if it is mate.

Who cares eh, its a great shot.